Jomon Roman Minamikayabe Southern Hokkaido Area
Surrounded by sea and mountains with rich resources, Minami-Kayabe area in the City of Hakodate has prospected with its culture between 7 thousand years from the early Jomon period to late Jomon period.
A wide variety of valuable relics telling life at the time has been founded from archaeological sites.
The roadside rest area “Jomon Roman Minamikayabe” is located along Nationa Highway 278 Bypass, and its main building is “Hakodate Jomon Culture Center” displaying cultural heritage to be precious assets for local communities and society including the clay figure of nationally designated treasure, called “Chukudogu.”
As only rest area with showing national treasure in Japan, it promotes local attractions.
- Parking※Available in 24-hour free
- Covered parking
- Facilities for the Handicapped
- Toilets※Available in 24-hour free
- Handicapped Toilets※Available in 24-hour free
- Telephone※Available in 24-hour
- Rest station
- Museum & Art gallery
- Nursing room＆Diaper changing table
- 744 053 054