Akaigawa Central Hokkaido Area
The roadside rest area “Akaigawa” is placed halfway on National Highway 393 (Maple Road 393) connecting the Sapporo area and the Niseko.
This used be a site developed as a post town, known as Ekitei-Jyo, by the national government from the Meiji period to the early Showa period, and it still serves as a strategic point of traffic.
The area has a farmer’s market selling products nurtured in the temperature difference of the caldera basin specific surrounded by mountains around, and the driveway from the area to Niseko is a popular driving route overlooking Mt. Yotei.
- Parking※Available in 24-hour free
- Toilets※Available in 24-hour free
- Handicapped Toilets※Available in 24-hour free
- Telephone※Available in 24-hour
- Rest station
- Nursing room＆Diaper changing table
- Dog run
- 164 161 773